Vitamin D Research Today is a free monthly online journal that collates and summarizes the latest research about Vitamin D, including details on sources, melanin, benefits, deficiency, supplements, calcium absorption.
Volume 6 (2009), Issue 7 (July)
- Inhibition of RelB by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 promotes sensitivity of breast cancer cells to radiation.
J Cell Physiol, 220(3): 593-9. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Neuroprotection by co-treatment and post-treating with calcitriol following the ischemic and excitotoxic insult in vivo and in vitro.
Neurochem Int, 55(5): 265-74. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Prevalence and risk factors of low bone mineral density and 25-hydroxyvitamin D status in young healthy epileptic adult patients in a tropical Asian country taking antiepileptic drug.
Bone, 45(2): 232-7. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Higher serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels in school-age children are inconsistently associated with increased calcium absorption.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 94(7): 2421-7. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Quality of life in patients with scalp psoriasis treated with calcipotriol/betamethasone dipropionate scalp formulation: a randomized controlled trial.
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol, 23(8): 919-26. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Experimental approach to optimize phytate phosphorus utilization by broiler chickens by addition of supplements.
Poult Sci, 88(8): 1655-65. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Vitamin D is associated with cognitive function in elders receiving home health services.
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci, 64(8): 888-95. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Mechanisms of nuclear vitamin D receptor resistance in Harvey-ras-transfected cells.
J Nutr Biochem, 20(8): 629-37. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 inhibits matrix metalloproteinases induced by Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection.
Immunology, 127(4): 539-48. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Alfacalcidol prevents aromatase inhibitor (Letrozole)-induced bone mineral loss in young growing female rats.
J Endocrinol, 202(2): 317-25. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Active vitamin D and its analogue, 22-oxacalcitriol, ameliorate puromycin aminonucleoside-induced nephrosis in rats.
Nephrol Dial Transplant, 24(8): 2354-61. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Vitamin D and depressive symptoms in women during the winter: a pilot study.
Appl Nurs Res, 22(3): 221-5. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Involvement of Vitamin D receptor in the intestinal induction of human ABCB1.
Drug Metab Dispos, 37(8): 1604-10. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- 'Novel alkyl side chain sulfone 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 analogs: a comparison of in vitro antiproliferative activities and in vivo calcemic activities'.
Bioorg Med Chem, 17(15): 5627-31. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Up-regulation of transporters and enzymes by the vitamin D receptor ligands, 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and vitamin D analogs, in the Caco-2 cell monolayer.
J Pharmacol Exp Ther, 330(2): 389-402. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- The enhanced hypercalcemic response to 20-epi-1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 results from a selective and prolonged induction of intestinal calcium-regulating genes.
Endocrinology, 150(8): 3448-56. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Vitamin D analogs differentially control antimicrobial peptide/"alarmin"expression in psoriasis.
PLoS One, 4(7): e6340. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Vitamin D and adolescents: what do we know?
Curr Opin Pediatr, 21(4): 465-71. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Activation of rapid signaling pathways does not contribute to 1 alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3-induced growth inhibition of mouse prostate epithelial progenitor cells.
J Cell Biochem, 107(5): 1031-6. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Prevalence of vitamin D deficiency and its relationship with thyroid autoimmunity in Asian Indians: a community-based survey.
Br J Nutr, 102(3): 382-6. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Lanthanum acetate inhibits vascular calcification induced by vitamin D3 plus nicotine in rats.
Exp Biol Med (Maywood), 234(8): 908-17. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Ultraviolet radiation and Vitamin D3 in amphibian health, behaviour, diet and conservation.
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol, 154(2): 184-90. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Association of 25-hydroxyvitamin D with blood pressure in predominantly 25-hydroxyvitamin D deficient Hispanic and African Americans.
Am J Hypertens, 22(8): 867-70. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Potential of alfacalcidol for reducing increased risk of falls and fractures.
Rheumatol Int, 29(10): 1177-85. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- A (13)C solid-state NMR analysis of vitamin D compounds.
Solid State Nucl Magn Reson, 36(1): 24-31. [Abstract] [Full-text]
© 2004-2012 Vitamin D Research Today. All Rights Reserved.