Vitamin D Research Today is a free monthly online journal that collates and summarizes the latest research about Vitamin D, including details on sources, melanin, benefits, deficiency, supplements, calcium absorption.
Volume 2 (2005), Issue 4 (April)
- Lymphocyte PC-1 activity in patients on maintenance haemodialysis treated with human erythropoietin and 1-alpha-D3.
Ann Clin Biochem, 42: 55-60. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Teenage girls and elderly women living in northern Europe have low winter vitamin D status.
Eur J Clin Nutr, 59(4): 533-41. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Nongenotropic, anti-apoptotic signaling of 1alpha,25(OH)2-vitamin D3 and analogs through the ligand binding domain of the vitamin D receptor in osteoblasts and osteocytes. Mediation by Src, phosphatidylinositol 3-, and JNK kinases.
J Biol Chem, 280(14): 14130-7. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Vitamin D fails to prevent serum starvation- or staurosporine-induced apoptosis in human and rat osteosarcoma-derived cell lines.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 330(3): 891-7. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Comparison of methods for the assessment of growth of food spoilage moulds in solid substrates.
Int J Food Microbiol, 99(3): 329-41. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Vitamin D in the aging musculoskeletal system: an authentic strength preserving hormone.
Mol Aspects Med, 26(3): 203-19. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Direct observation of rapid internalization and intracellular transport of sterol by macrophage foam cells.
Traffic, 6(5): 396-412. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Vitamin D repletion in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism and coexistent vitamin D insufficiency.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 90(4): 2122-6. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 stimulates vesicular transport within 5 s in polarized intestinal epithelial cells.
J Endocrinol, 185(1): 81-91. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Transcriptional profiling of keratinocytes reveals a vitamin D-regulated epidermal differentiation network.
J Invest Dermatol, 124(4): 778-85. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Effect of age, vitamin D, and calcium on the regulation of rat intestinal epithelial calcium channels.
Arch Biochem Biophys, 437(1): 51-8. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Preventing bone loss during androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer: early experience with neridronate.
Eur Urol, 47(5): 575-80; discussion 580-1. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- The influence of dialysate calcium on the therapeutic effects of sevelamer hydrochloride in hemodialysis patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism under treatment of intravenous vitamin d metabolites.
Ther Apher Dial, 9(1): 16-23. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Superagonistic action of 14-epi-analogs of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D explained by vitamin D receptor-coactivator interaction.
Mol Pharmacol, 67(5): 1566-73. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- The role of fibroblast growth factor 23 for hypophosphatemia and abnormal regulation of vitamin D metabolism in patients with McCune-Albright syndrome.
J Bone Miner Metab, 23(3): 231-7. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D inhibits human ANP gene promoter activity.
Regul Pept, 128(3): 197-202. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Intravenous calcitriol for treatment of hyperparathyroidism in children on hemodialysis.
Pediatr Nephrol, 20(5): 622-30. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Construction of cryptogein mutants, a proteinaceous elicitor from Phytophthora, with altered abilities to induce a defense reaction in tobacco cells.
Biochemistry, 44(17): 6565-72. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Molecular mechanism of the vitamin D antagonistic actions of (23S)-25-dehydro-1alpha-hydroxyvitamin D3-26,23-lactone depends on the primary structure of the carboxyl-terminal region of the vitamin d receptor.
Mol Endocrinol, 19(5): 1147-57. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Candida albicans zinc cluster protein Upc2p confers resistance to antifungal drugs and is an activator of ergosterol biosynthetic genes.
Antimicrob Agents Chemother, 49(5): 1745-52. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Seasonality of vitamin D status and bone turnover in patients with Crohn's disease.
Aliment Pharmacol Ther, 21(9): 1073-83. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Modulation of CYP27B1 and CYP24 mRNA expression in bone is independent of circulating 1,25(OH)2D3 levels.
Bone, 36(4): 654-62. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Differences in the modulation of collective membrane motions by ergosterol, lanosterol, and cholesterol: a dynamic light scattering study.
Biophys J, 88(5): 3360-7. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Effect of 25-hydroxyl group orientation on biological activity and binding to the 1alpha,25-dihydroxy vitamin D3 receptor.
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol, 94(4): 279-88. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Regulation of renal calcium receptor gene expression by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 in genetic hypercalciuric stone-forming rats.
J Am Soc Nephrol, 16(5): 1300-8. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Randomised controlled trial of calcium and supplementation with cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) for prevention of fractures in primary care.
BMJ, 330(7498): 1003. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- Calcidiol and prostate cancer.
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol, 93(2): 183-90. [Abstract] [Full-text]
- 22-ene-25-oxa-vitamin D: a new vitamin D analogue with profound immunosuppressive capacities.
Eur J Clin Invest, 35(5): 343-9. [Abstract] [Full-text]
© 2004-2012 Vitamin D Research Today. All Rights Reserved.